Prop 65 Information
Proposition 65 is a California law that applies to any products sold in California. The official name of Proposition 65 is the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, in their homes or workplaces, or that are released into the environment. By requiring that this information be provided, Proposition 65 enables Californians to make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals.
Proposition 65 requires California to publish a list of chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This list, which must be updated at least once a year, has grown to include approximately 900 chemicals since it was first published in 1987.
A Proposition 65 warning means one of two things:
- (1) the business has evaluated the exposure and has concluded that it exceeds the "no significant risk level"; or
- (2) the business has chosen to provide a warning simply based on its knowledge about the presence of a listed chemical without attempting to evaluate the exposure.
Tengco, Inc. has chosen to provide a warning based on its knowledge about the presence of one or more listed chemicals without attempting to evaluate the level of exposure. Products marketed or sold by Tengco, Inc may contain listed chemicals at levels that are below the Proposition 65 level of concern, or could even be zero. However, out of an abundance of caution, Tengco, Inc. has elected to provide the Proposition 65 warning notification for all its products.
Listed Chemicals Present or Potentially Present in Tengco Products:
- Arsenic (inorganic arsenic compounds)
- Arsenic (inorganic oxides)
- Cadmium and cadmium compounds
- Chromium (hexavalent compounds)
- Coke oven emissions
- Hydrogen cyanide (HCN) and cyanide salts (CN salts)
- Lead and lead compounds Lead acetate
- Lead phosphate
- Mercury and Mercury compounds Michler’s ketone
- Nickel (Metallic)
- Nickel compounds
- Silica, crystalline (airborne particles) Urethane (ethyl carbamate)
View Project Lists